For Week Ending November 5, 2022
With the average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage hovering around 7%, interest in adjustable-rate mortgages (ARM) continues to grow, as buyers look to save money any way they can. Freddie Mac reports the rate for a 5/1 ARM was a full point lower than the popular 30-year loan the week ending 11/4/22, while the share of homebuyers applying for ARMs has increased significantly since the start of the year, representing about 12% of total applications, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
IN THE TWIN CITIES REGION, FOR THE WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 5:
- New Listings decreased 22.4% to 965
- Pending Sales decreased 37.4% to 751
- Inventory increased 7.8% to 8,858
FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.3% to $362,100
- Days on Market increased 39.1% to 32
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 2.3% to 98.9%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale increased 18.8% to 1.9
All comparisons are to 2021
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.